Monday, December 9, 2013

Remember.

I remember playing in my dads old room. I remember the way my grandparents old house smelled musty & like and old people. 
I remember the the holes in the walls cause you got mad again. 
I remember listening to James Taylor on road trips. 
I remember all of your old girlfriends and the scary mermaid tattoo. 
I remember the way I took care of my hair  on the day of school pictures in 2nd grade. 
I remember the yellow dress I wore on the first day of 8th grade. 
I remember when dad lost his job. 
I remember the first time I heard my brother swear. 
I remember when I broke my arm. 
I remember grandma's piano.
I remember the first time I failed a test. 
I remember all of my history teachers.  
I remember when I sang a duet and accidentally coughed in the microphone. 
I remember when we almost moved. 

I have a love/hate relationship with being nastolgic. 

4 comments:

  1. "I remember playing in my dads old room. I remember the way my grandparents old house smelled musty & like and old people."

    I miss that smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I love this. This is why you work to get past your "blogging block" because we need to hear your words. I love them. And YES that last line. Thank you for always putting it out there.

    ReplyDelete